Thursday, October 30, 2008

NBC News and Tim Russert's Kid

I know people will disagree with me here: But what kind of journalistic credentials does Luke Russert have to be a correspondent? Don't get me wrong. I feel for the kid losing his father. Really. And if my dad, were say, Steve Kroft, I'd want to follow in his footsteps too. Absolutely. Can't fault young Russert there.

One, however, can fault NBC News. Would it kill them to send the kid for a year to the local NBC affiliate in Harftford? Go cover a car wreck at 2 am...see how he does. At least then he'll have some credibility other than being Tim Russert's kid.

Anyone else see through this obvious ratings ploy? Yes, it's been done 1,000 times in television and other walks of life. One's surname has a lot to do with one's lot in life. I just hope--like a promising rookie pitcher rushed up to the majors--they don't ruin the kid.

Luke..To whom much is given, much is expected. We'll be watching.

No comments: