Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Note to the Kids...

It wasn't as bad as Leon Lett in the Super Bowl but Eagles rookie DeSean Jackson probably cemented himself in Monday Night Football history last night.

Here's what happened: Jackson, having in hauled a 64-yard bomb from Eagles QB Donovan McNabb, was so pleased with himself he couldn't wait to start celebrating in the end zone. Only before the ball broke the goal line, Jackson discarded the ball at the 1-yard line. No touchdown, ball dead at the 1. Because Jackson's bonehead move cost me six points in my Fantasy league, I let a yell surpassed only by Woltz after he discovered the horse's head in his bed. Good thing I didn't wake my son.

Gotta love the electronic age: ESPN went into the video vault and showed footage of a college game where Jackson dove into the endzone in celebration at the 5-yard line but again landed on the 1-yard line.

I guess it's too much to ask to score and hand the ball to the ref? Instead, we have to roll around in our individuality to mark the achievement. I will pass over in silence Jackson's celebratory dance. At this point it would just be piling on.

No comments: