Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I Hate to be Ned Negative Here….

Lord knows I’m no economic whiz. But when I see the Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke make statements such as, “We might be in a recession.” I start to question his money compass. Might? Dude, pick up a newspaper. Better yet, go gas up or visit a grocery store.

Might? One uses words like might as in, "I might tag Anne Hathaway." Of course, I may not. But the word implies an air of uncertainty. Make no mistake. The recession is here. And call me picky but the Federal Reserve Chairman should have more on his resume than being one of those pictured on the Smith Bros. coughdrop box.

Bernanke’s statements such as these make me yearn for the days of Alan Greenspan… that crazy, and often cryptic, Tolkien character. Might makes Greenspan’s “irrational exuberance” comment seem like an iron-clad truth by comparison.

Show of hands. How many of you did I lose?

No comments: