Monday, November 3, 2008

What I'll miss about the election...

Normally I view politics much the way I view The Kentucky Derby or the Final Four. That is even when I barely know the names of those competing I always have a rooting interest--even though I pick it up in the days or hours before the event.

But this year's election (which actually began in Jan. 2007) was a spectator sport all of it's own. For one, you heard about something election nearly every night. I'll miss that. Here's what else I'll miss:

Obama's overly-pronouncing words such "Taliban" to come across as more erudite. Someone should tell him that it's not pronounced "Tolly-bon" and "Paki-ston"

Tom Brokaw, during the Presidential debate, scolding the candidates to stay on the clock.

The New York Times' sourcing of two stories which was surprisingly thin. Although the Times says otherwise....

I'll miss Fox News coverage if only for the thoughts of one Charles Krauthammer. Steady as a metronome, the guy is as entertaining as a real estate closing.

Coming up tomorrow...blogging election coverage...live.

No comments: