Friday, March 28, 2008

Why Bashir Sucks....

Didn't have time to extrapolate on Bashir...

The guy is an insult to journalists everywhere. I get a big kick out people like this trying to grab on to respectability at all costs. It's the same reason I can't take seriously anything that Bill O'Reilly says.....wanna know why? Because I remember the days when he hosted "A Current Affair," the grandaddy of tabloid "news" shows...So O'Reilly goes into hiding, gets a public policy degree from Harvard and comes out and expects all to be forgiven? I don't think so. I don't take his seriously. Factor this, alright?

Same thing goes for Bashir...He does Diana interviews, Michael Jackson interviews and expects to wrap himself in the cloak of respectability that is Nightline. Nightline's founder, The late great Roone Arledge, must be turning over in his grave. He'd never go this far as to put this unctous loser on. Again, I'm not buying this imposter as being a credible news guy. But people buy it because of that British accent. Please. This guy couldn't hold Christianne Amanpour's Reporter's Notebook...

And it's not just Bashir...I have a problem with a lot of these talking heads. Ditto for Anderson Cooper. Dude, your mother is Gloria Vanderbilt. Your extended family is the Vanderbilts...How do you think he got that job? Another guy that thinks we're all stupid and don't know any better.

Alright I'm done. For now.

No comments: